Sewage Pumping Stations
A pumping station is required when the topology or position of a property prevents raw sewage from flowing under gravity to a treatment plant or public sewer.
WCI designs and installs pumping stations ranging from small final effluent pumping stations with a single automatic submersible pump on a septic tank to large raw sewage pumping stations incorporating 24 hr storage requirements, duty/assist controls and large diameter rising mains.
The specification of a pump station is a specialist field of expertise and we recommend that you do not attempt to buy off the shelf unless you are familiar with pumping stations and pumps. The specification of a pumping station is dependent on:
- The expected flow to the pumping station
- The type of wastewater to be pumped
- How far and how high the wastewater will be pumped
- The arrangements for continuation of drainage in the event of pump failure
- Where the pumping station will be located
- The type of power supply available
- Whether the pumping station is to be adoptable
To provide access to the right pumping station solution, WCI works with a variety of manufacturers including TT-Pumps, Xylem, PremierTech Aqua, Klargester and WPL