Supply & Installation
WCI supply, install and commission sewage and surface water solutions of all sizes across England and Wales.
Proficient and efficient installation of sewage treatment and surface water systems is essential. An installer must have the highest level of understanding of groundworks, safe methods of working and the regulations that govern installation operations.
Successful installation works will include consideration of:
- The ground conditions and water table
- The electrical, telecommunications, water and gas services that might be in the area
- The management of materials and access for men, equipment and materials to and from the works area
- The disposal of excavated material and site waste
- The installation requirements for the specific system being installed including the backfill material and the required connections to and from the system
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015) are the main set of regulations for managing the health, safety and welfare of construction projects. CDM applies to all building and construction work and applies to both domestic and commercial clients.
Generally, as the client, you are responsible for making suitable arrangements for managing a project. These include making sure that:
- Appropriate principle designers and principle contractors are appointed
- Sufficient time and resources are allocated
- Relevant information is prepared and provided to other duty holders
- The principle designer and principle contractor carry out their duties
- Welfare facilities are provided
As a domestic client, many of these duties are normally transferred to the contractor. So whether you are a commercial or a domestic client, your choice of contractor is an important one as you will be asking them to take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of your construction site.
WCI are trained and qualified installers. This means that our staff and sub-contractors are trained and hold the necessary qualifications to do their jobs efficiently, proficiently and safely. It also means that they have the necessary experience to complete your installation to the highest standards.
We take pride in our work. Every installation is actively managed starting with the information we provide to our clients explaining the installation process, to the competent and safe execution of the work, with a sympathetic eye on high quality reinstatement and an expert understanding of the correct commissioning of the installed system. WCI delivers results.